Bison Steak with Jack Daniels Sauce
November 19, 2020 • 0 comments
- Servings: 6
- (6 Boneless Steaks About 10 oz Each) Bison Ribeye Steak
- (2 Tbsp) Olive Oil
- (As Desired) Sea Salt
- (Freshly Ground) Black Pepper
- (2 oz) Shallots
- (2 oz very finely chopped) Shallots
- (2 oz Fresh and Sliced) Mushrooms
- (4 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- (16 oz) Buffalo or Beef Stock
- (6 oz) Dry White Wine
- (2 Tbsp lightly crushed) Green Peppercorns
- (4 oz) Jack Daniels
- (4 oz) Heavy Cream
- (Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice) Lemon Juice
1. Season the bison steaks with salt and black pepper, and leave to rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. To make the sauce, sauté the shallots and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the butter over a medium heat for a few minutes until golden brown.
3. Add the stock, 4 ounces Jack Daniel's and 1 tablespoon of the green peppercorns, and gently simmer until reduced by half. Pour in the cream, and continue to reduce until it has the consistency of a light sauce.
4. Whisk in the remaining butter, little by little, then add the remaining peppercorns, the extra Jack Daniel's and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Remove from the heat, and set aside to keep warm.
5. Sear the bison steaks in butter or olive oil until medium-rare, 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer to warm serving plates, pour over the delicious sauce and serve with a vegetable salad of choice.