Bison Sirloin Gyros
November 19, 2020 • 0 comments
- Servings: 4
- (1 Pound thinly sliced) Bison Sirloin Steak
- (1/2 Cup) Red Wine
- (2 Tbsp) Oilve Oil
- (2 cloved, minced) Garlic Cloves
- (1 Tsp) Dried Oregano
- (1 Tsp) Salt
- (1/4 Tsp) Pepper
- (1 Tbsp) Butter
- (8 Pita Bread Round or Other Flatbread) Pita Bread or Other Flatbread
- (2 Cups Chopped) Lettuce
- (2 Tomatoes Chopped) Tomatoes
- (1 Cup) Plain Greek Yogurt
- (1/2 Cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped) Cucumber
- (To Taste) Salt
- (To Taste) Pepper
1. Put bison sirloin in a resealable bag. Combine wine, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and pour mixture over bison. Refrigerate and marinate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter and add bison mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is mostly evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt and pepper.
4. Toast pita breads in a hot pan, about 30 seconds on each side.
5. Top pitas with bison, lettuce, tomato, and yogurt sauce.